1. From the starting screen or main Instants screen, tap the large "+".
2. Tap the center or bottom of the screen to add content to your Instant.
3. If this is your first time using the app, tap "Allow Access" to be able to choose media stored on your device.
4. Then tap "OK".
5. Tap to select the photos and videos you'd like to use.
You can choose as many as you'd like. Tap the categories in the bottom menu to mix and match free stock options with your own photos and videos. As you tap, the selected content will show up in the tray at the bottom of your screen. To remove a selected piece on content, simply tap on it again.
6. Then tap "Done".
7. Tap the text area(s) and use the keyboard to type in the message that you'd like to animate over the content. Then tap "Next".
Adding text is optional. You can it include on all, some, or none of your beats.
8. Swipe horizontally over the thumbnails in the drawer to explore different themes. Then drag up on the drawer handle to see the theme's templates.
9. Tap a template to apply it to your Instant. Then tap the "X" to close the drawer.
10. Further customize your Instant using the editing tools, or tap the sharing arrow to share your video.
Tapping the sharing arrow or the back arrow in the upper left corner will save your Instant to your Instants library.